Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Kingston! Welcome to the World!

Easter was such a great day for Alfred and I! We had no idea what it had in store when we woke up that morning but we couldn't have ask for anything better! We got up early and started boiling eggs so that we could color eggs with Kingston's name on them.
And so that daddy could put together the last of the baby stuff that we had bought the night before. The most important thing being the car seat that we thought we could wait to get. I spent the day cleaning and then we headed over to Phil and Elizabeth's to eat Easter dinner with there family and enjoy a visit from the Eater Bunny!
We had a great time and got home around 9:00PM! I was feeling pretty miserable and my feet were swollen more than they had been! Elizabeth gave me Epsom salt and suggested I soak my feet to take out some of the soreness and maybe even bring the swelling down! So I sat around for about 30 minutes with me feet in a bucket and my hands in a plate of food!
I finally crawled into bed at about 10:30PM and woke up about 11:45PM convinced I had peed on myself! I woke Alfred up to tell him and said I felt kind of weird. He said he thought maybe I had fallen asleep with ice in my mouth since my due date wasn't for another 4 weeks! I felt no pain so we got on line and googled water breaking (yes it is the .com era). It gave a few suggestions on how to know and I called my sister, mother of 3, to ask for advice. She said it sounded like my water had broken and that sometimes contractions didn't come on for awhile. So we decided we had better throw a couple of bags together for me, him and the baby and head off to the hospital. Not before I got one last preggo picture just in case!



We finally arrived at the hospital at 2:00AM and I still hadn't felt a contraction so they did a few tests discovered that in deed my water had broken but we were in for a long night and day because I was barely dilated! We got a room, waited until the next morning and called our parents, friends and work and let them know Kingston would be arriving a little early! I felt my first contraction at about 4:30AM and my doctor came in and started potosen about 7:30AM and I got an epidural at about 8:30AM so I felt very few labor pains. To pass the time we slept, watched TV, laughed hysterically at each other and read magazines!

And yes I'm sending this pic into Glamour for their where has your Glamour been section!



Finally about 2:00PM I started feeling pressure and it was time for baby Kingston to arrive but he was turned awkward so they put me on my side and we waited. At 2:20 all was good to go, my doctor was on the way, Kingston was on his way, I was ready for this to be over and daddy was so excited he couldn't hardly stand himself!




After several pushes and much encouragement from Alfred and Dr. Thomas we had our little boy!! Daddy cut the cord and they handed him to me!!




I had been worried because he was early but he cried out with the best lungs you've ever heard and let everyone know we had nothing to worry about!! He was born 3:04PM weighing 6lbs. 12oz and 18 1/4 inches long. He was perfect!!



I was released from the hospital on Wednesday and Kingston had to stay until Thursday because he was preemie and had jaundice and they wanted to keep an eye on him!!

Everyone already loves him so much!! Mommy and daddy couldn't be happier!! MeeMee and Pawpaw and Mama Deb left today and Aunt Amanda and cousin Corey had to leave before he was out of the hospital but not without tears and a set date to come see him again!! I have many family pics with everyone to post so stay tuned!! Baby Kingston is here and our lives are forever better!




No comments: