Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

Daylight Savings Time has always been an event I hated! I hate to get up one hour early and be sleepy all day and I always hated that the bars closed one hour early on Saturday night when the clock jumped forward. There has just never been any good come of it. Until this year. I got home from work and Alfred was geared up and ready to take Laney to the park by our house and she knew she was going because he had her backpack of goodies all put together. I walked in and they ask if I wanted to go enjoy the extra hour of sunlight. And although I was a little sceptical because my feet hurt and I thought it was a bit cold I decided I didn't want to waste this one free hour they seemed so happy about. So I changed into my khakis and sweater with a hood and headed out with them. I have to admit it was really nice to unwind with sunshine and my family outside after a day at work. It's something we hadn't gotten to do since moving in the house.
And as you can see Laney had a blast chasing her ball! Which I highly recommend one of those chuck it toys. Where the ball is on the stick and you don't have to bend as much. This is a pregnant girls best friend. Although I was only able to last outside for about 20 minutes before the cold got to me I enjoyed my extra hour of daylight and when we got home I put our song on, For the Rest of My Life by Peter Moon and we danced as (I cried because of these dang hormones again), and had the start to a wonderful evening. Now it's time to go have some dinner settle in and get ready to go to bed I mean even if it was a great time I will still feel that loss of an hour tomorrow!

2 comments:

The Infertile One said...

I heart your blog!

Love,

Heather

Anonymous said...

lookin' good!
I'm adding your blog to my list of "blogger friends" and to my daily/weekly "blogs to read" list.
:)