Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lazy Day Off

This was supposed to be a HUGE weekend for us! We were going to Lexington to get our maternity pictures taken and then to Louisville for a fun Baby Shower and bowling with my friends. But instead snow covered the KY interstates and we got an unexpected day home together with nothing planned. We spent most of the morning napping and finally got enough energy to take Laney outside to play in the snow.


And yes I made her wear a coat but she didn't mind I promise....OK maybe she minded a little but it didn't stop her and Alfred from enjoying our snow covered back yard.


On Friday my work threw me a baby shower and I have to say they are the most awesome group of people to work with . They bought us our crib, mattress, baby monitors and several other small but very useful items. It was amazing! Alfred thought this unexpected day off would be a wonderful time to put the crib together. I was a little sceptical at first because I've heard crib horror stories. But I guess since he's had so much practice with the baby swing, play pin, highchair and stroller before this he was a pro and was able to put the crib together in about an hour and a half with no help from me!It's finally feeling real that we are bringing a baby home! I mean we've known about him for so long and we've been preparing but now that he actually has a room full of baby stuff from people who are going to love him I find myself being pulled into that room. I like to just sit in there and look at all of his little things and try to imagine that in about 6 weeks we will be bringing home a little guy who will change our lives forever. I wonder what his personality will be. Will he cry a lot? Will he be laid back and carefree like me or more of a planner like Alfred? What will his role be on this Earth? The possibilities are endless and I feel like I already know so much about him but I can't wait to see him and see the world thru his eyes. It will be amazing!




No comments: