Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fat Feet in Little Shoes!!

I am now 5 and a half weeks from being a mommy and one of the many changes I've endured has been the swelling of my feet and legs! I looked down today and noticed that my fat feet were coming out of my little shoes!! So now not only have I endured the big belly, sleepless nights, runny nose, extreme heartburn and hard to find wardrobe I now have to deal with shoes that fit in the morning but don't fit by the time I go to sleep. I came to a breaking point the other day and had had enough. I was over all this. I was ready to throw in the towel and say I'm done with this. My feet were killing me, I felt like I was going to throw up and I had tried on my 4th outfit of the night. I sat on the bed and almost burst into tears but at that moment my son rolled from one side to the other and kicked me as if to say "I know this is rough mom but I'm here for you and it will all be over soon." Granted I still felt terrible but I was once again reminded that it's all worth it. Kingston will be here before I know it and all this will be thoughts of the past.


On a lighter note, we had a baby shower in his honor this weekend. My friends are once again so awesome. My friend Rosanna worked her butt off and made everything perfect! Her and Elizabeth got together and came up with the perfect cake and Elizabeth being the wonderful decorator that she is made it look perfect.
Our parents and our friends bought us wonderful gifts. Both inspirational and useful. We have had such a blast getting ready to be parents and most of that has been because of our wonderful friends who have been there to help us prepare for his arrival so here we are eight and a half months into our wonderful journey and we can't wait to meet Baby Kingston!

No comments: