Monday, March 3, 2008

And away we go...


I thought I would finally jump into this blogging stuff! My friend Sarah has been blogging for sometime now and viewing her new updates is something I look forward to so I decided since both Alfred's and my families live so far away this would be a great way to keep everyone in the loop especially when Kingston gets here. For those of you who don't know us very well I'll give you the update. I am originally from Huntington WV and Alfred is originally from Macon GA we met in Nashville TN at a bar of all places. And I use the term bar loosely as it was more a hole in the wall. I showed up there to cap off the night with my friend after being out downtown and Alfred was there after work celebrating a friends birthday. I made fun of the fact that he was dressed up like a banker at midnight and we all started talking. I went to the bathroom and he told our friends that I was the kind of girl he had been looking for. Well I hadn't been looking for anyone but we exchanged numbers and I basically ignored him for days and then one day I was bored so I ask him out for a beer and we ended up spending 6 hours talking and drinking and playing naughty search and find at the bar. It was a blast and I knew this could be something special so I let him take me out again and again and again. I guess this is where they say the rest is history but for us I like to say the rest is just our beginning. Alfred and I were always meant to be family we just had to meet each other to realize what we both wanted out of life was nothing we ever expected. We are both turning 30 this year and neither of us ever wanted kids or to be married. But now that Kingston is on the way and we are planning an October wedding we both realize this is what we've always wanted we just hadn't found the right person. So yes it's been a busy year. We bought a house, got pregnant, decided to to get married and I have to say so far it's been the best year of our lives and we can't wait to see where our beginning takes us from here.

No comments: