Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

This year Alfred and I decided to ring in the New Year at our friend Gwen and Tim's. We got to dress up and go on a date which we haven't done in a few months so it was really great and the party was fun too!My parents came in to visit so Kingston stayed in and watched "Hip Hop Harry" on the laptop with Mimi!

And staying up until midnight is tiring so the next day daddy and Kingston decided to take a cat nap while watching football.


On Saturday we decided to take Mimi and Paw paw to Pied Piper Creamery for some ice cream. If you haven't been here you need to go. Not only is thier ice cream amazing it is such a neat place. And so kid friendly. Kingston walks in like he owns the place and loves playing with all the toys!

It was a great start to what is sure to be a wonderful year!!
Now it's time to do a little reflecting on 2009. Well on the resolutions I made anyway! Last year my goals were to Recycle, which I'm proud to say I did very good at. And our community finally offers curb side pick up so it just got easier. My second goal was to Run which I am also proud to say I've done pretty good at. I did 10 5K's and competed in the Muddy Buddy. I also found a running group that I love which has helped so much. And this is something Alfred, Kingston and I love doing together so that's a huge bonus! My third and final goal was to be better at recording Kingston's life. I give myself a big FAIL on this one! I've managed to save a lot of his important stuff but I haven't been great at keeping up with his baby book or writing in his journal so I still need to work on that but I'm not dwelling on the negative!
Instead I'm moving on to my 2010 Resolutions!! Resolution #1 is to complete a half marathon. I wanted to do it this year but when I got pregnant with Beckett I wasn't far enough along in my training so I decided to wait until this year. Resolution #2 is to be better at printing my pictures and backing them up. I still need to print the pictures from Kingston's birth :)! Resolution #3 is to cook something from a cookbook every week this year. As many of you know Alfred does almost all of the cooking around here and I really need to be better at pitching in and coming up with new ideas. So there it is in black and white the 3 things I would like to accomplish this year.
So here's saying bye to a wonderful 2009 and hello to what I'm sure will be another wonderful year because it's great to be an Eller and we can't wait to meet Mr. Beckett Eller!

No comments: