Monday, January 18, 2010

Kingston Chronicles

Yesterday was a pretty big day for Kingston! We decided to move the crib into Beckett's room and upgrade Kingston to a Queen Size Bed! His room looks so grown up. I cried and cried as we moved the furniture. I know it's just a bed but to me it represents him growing up more and more every day and that is so hard to deal with. His new room is very cute though. His baby room was GA which made it easy to upgrade with very little changes. I bought new bedding and that's about it. We already had the bed in our spare room so it worked out perfectly!
This is the amazing picture our friend Natalina made for Kingston's first birthday. We've been waiting until we upgraded to hang it over his bed and I think it was a great addition!


Daddy and Kingston doing the night time routine in his new bed!

Sound asleep like a big boy!

As for how the transition affected Kingston,it was a little rough. We have never had sleep issues. If Kingston is sleepy he will fall asleep in the living room floor or by my bed while I'm getting ready. This change for some reason was a little harder on him. He cried for about twenty
minutes for us to lay with him but we held our guns which was really hard and he came out of the room twice and I told him he had to lay in his bed and he did. He woke up crying at 2:30 which is only about the 10th time he's done that since he was 4 months old. I went to his room and told him I loved him but he had to lay back down and he said "OK" in the sweetest little voice ever! Then tonight I laid him down and told him to stay in his bed and he cried for a minute and ask me to go "Night Night" with him but he was done crying by the time I made it to the door. Now let's see if he wakes up tonight! I'm so proud of by big boy! He is so grown up! And I'm doing OK with it too!

2 comments:

RachelBClarke said...

You're doin great, Rach!

Brandie said...

It breaks my heart when Mason cries and I have to leave him in his room. But I know he's okay. It's tough being a parent.
Hope Kingston sleeps all night.