Sunday, July 5, 2009

Boom Boom Pow!

What a difference a year makes!!
4th of July 2008
This fourth of July weekend has been a blast! I got an extra day off work so Kingston and I met our friends Rachel and Oliver at the zoo on Friday for a little fun. Kingston could have cared less about anything except the little water area. Once we got there he was in heaven!! He was such a big kid working his way to the front so he could get splashed, of course when it was time to leave he threw a fit like I was kidnapping him, good thing Rachel had some fig newtons!

Bright and early Saturday morning Kingston and I got up to do the "I run for the Party" 5K downtown with some of work friends. We had a blast even if I did discover too late that I would have to do the race with 2 flat tires on my jogging stroller! Oh well I figure this way I got an extra are workout! And Kingston did much better in this 5K then he did in the Zoo Run when it was freezing outside!



Finally on Saturday night Alfred got some time off so we could go see some fireworks together. Our friend Elizabeth gave us Kingston's patriotic outfit when he was less than a week old in a bag of hand me downs and I've been waiting until this night for him to wear it!



Kingston thought the fireworks were pretty cool. He was very calm during the entire event and just laid on me watching all the pretty colors!


This is the 2ND year in a row we've watched fireworks at the Church by Crockett Park, with our friends. We have such a good time. We get there early have a picnic of Mexican food, play cornhole, listen to music and just hang out until the main event. This year was a little rainier than last but we still had a blast!

We have one more party to go to tonight then it's back to work for mama! I hope all of you had a safe 4Th of July!

No comments: