Friday, January 7, 2011

White Christmas

I love all things Christmas!! I love the lights, the music, the decorations, the time off work but my absolute favorite thing is the time I get to spend with my family making memories! This was the first Christmas that Kingston actually understood there was something different going on. He talked about Santa and Jesus' birthday and he knew something was different about this time of year. He doesn't totally get it yet but he was a blast!! He and I got really into tracking where Santa was and I took this opportunity to show him videos of other places around the world. I actually stayed up after he had went to bed and tracked Santa myself, I am like a kid this time of year :)! Of course we had to bake cookies for Santa and leave him a thank you letter so he would know we really appreciate all the hard work he puts in!

After the boys went to bed Alfred and I sat back and enjoyed a nice fire while enjoying the view of our stockings...

oh who am I kidding Alfred and I were up until 2AM helping "Santa" get his toys put together!! I hope we've learned our lesson about waiting until the last minute and thinking it will be easy because it wasn't!!! Of course it was absolutely worth it to see the looks on the boys faces the next morning!! And as an added bonus we woke up to this....


that's right a White Christmas. Being born and raised in the WV-Southern Ohio area I have seen many of these but they never loose their excitement. For the boys however, and yes I mean all the boys including my GA raised husband this was their first White Christmas! It really did make everything better!!
Of course the boys enjoyed their toys and we spent the better part of the morning upstairs in our PJ's reading letters from Santa, playing with toy cars walking around the bonus room with Beckett and his new toy and just enjoying being together!!



Finally after a wonderful Christmas dinner cooked by Alfred we ventured out to Yogi Bear Camp Ground to see an amazing display of Christmas lights set to music! We had such a good time, even if the roads were a little treacherous on the way home!



It was a great Christmas!! And the end of it all the boys were worn out beyond belief!!




I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas too!

2 comments:

Jill@Run for the Hills said...

I loved catching up on the Eller Christmas!!
I have to know, though...who is the "L" stocking for?!
You have a precious family, Rach. Here's to making memories. xo.

Rachel E said...

The "L" stocking is for our lovable lab Laney!! She will be 6 this year and I've had her since she was 8 weeks old!!