Thursday, September 3, 2009

Kingston Chronicles

Friday morning we headed down to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital so that Kingston could have surgery. Oh course he had to wear his GA outfit for good luck! Mimi came down and went to the hospital with me since we weren't sure when daddy was going to be able to leave inventory at work and get to the hospital. Luckily he made it in plenty of time!

Finally it was time to get in the standard Vandy baby PJ's and head off with the team. This is a picture of Kingston getting a little overwhelmed by all the stuff happening!

I don't have any pictures of Kingston immediately after because we were too busy holding and loving on him! He did wonderful though and other than the 10 stitches you really would have never known he had surgery. Oh course he got some post surgery presents out of the deal. Mimi bought him a pack of match box cars which he loves and daddy took him out and bought him a red bean bag chair so he will have somewhere comfy to sit while he watches the GA games.


This looks like one happy baby to me!!


I have to take just a moment to give a shout out to Vandy Hospital! We are so lucky to have such a fabulous place to take our children should they need care. They not only took exceptional care of Kingston they went out of there way to make Alfred and I feel comfortable. They understood we were handing our little baby over to 12 perfect strangers and he was going to be put to sleep and that all of it was very scary for us. I would rather have not had to do it but since we did I'm so thankful for this hospital and there wonderful staff!
This weekend Kingston and I are heading to Ohio to see my sisters new house and hang out with my family. Alfred is staying behind to work but will be hanging out with friends on Saturday to watch the first GA game of the season! Enjoy your long weekend I know we will be!!

2 comments:

Katherine Posada said...

That picture of him in the PJs makes me want to cry...he looks so scared! I'm so happy he's doing well.

Brandie said...

Glad to hear Kingston's okay. What kind of surgery did he have? I just don't remeber reading it in the post.