Saturday, May 3, 2008

Playing Catch up!

This post will be all about playing catch up and I promise to get better at posting and by better I mean at least once a week!! So let's start with the basics, Kingston is 5 weeks old and weighed 8lbs. 12 oz. on Monday. Our big milestone for this week is that he moved up to the big boy bottle. He is now consistently eating 4 oz. so we have him trying for 5. With the increase in food has came a slight increase in sleep which probably would be better if he didn't have a cold which makes him cough. Apparently he has his mom's allergies.

Kingston is starting to really interact with us a lot more. We go to the park or walk in our neighborhood almost every evening and he loves to be in his carrier so that he can look up at us and see what were doing.



This also adds a little extra weight which will help mommy get back in shape!

and...


Kingston still really loves sleeping with his daddy on the couch!



And speaking of sleep. Kingston has yet to sleep anywhere other than in bed with us. We have a snuggle nest which is a thing that allows a baby to sleep in there own little bed that is in bed between the 2 of you and since we have a King size bed we thought this would be a wonderful idea for the first few weeks the only problem is that we've all gotten so used to it I don't know how we are going to break the habit, but for now it's working for everyone but I see a change happening as soon as he cuts out one of his nightly feedings! But I'm sure when that happens he will spend an entire night perfecting a skill he's already great at.... pouting and crying!!



As for Alfred and I, we are having a blast being parents. I was at my friend Natalina's baby shower the other day and I realized something while I was sitting there. The person I was last year could have never imagined the person I've become. I was talking baby items and tips with my friend Sarah who is also a new mother, I was talking labor with a few ladies who are due to have babies in the next few months. I never imagined myself as that person but now that I am I can't imagine that I was ever meant to be anything else but Kingston's mom but the balance between the person I was and the person I am has been a hard one to figure out. I still want to go out with friends, work, be independent but at the same time I'm a mom. It's been hard for me not to feel guilty at times for either choosing to leave Kingston at home and go out or say no to my friends and stay with him. But overall I've been managing a pretty good balance and I have to attribute a lot of that balance to Alfred for letting me still be me sometimes while he keeps the baby. And at the end of the day we are more in love then we've ever been and I can't imagine taking this journey with anyone else by my side!! My family rocks!!


No comments: