Monday, May 12, 2008

Motherhood and such!

Well this is my first Mother's Day and what a wonderful day it's been. I didn't expect or need anything because the pure joy of being Kignston's mother has been gift enough. He is an absolutely amazing child and watching him grow everyday is such a treat. I can't believe I have the joy of being his mother. In the 7 weeks that he's been here I've gotten to know so much about him and I've fallen in love with things I have forgotten about. Long walks in the park, sitting in the sun reading a book, roller skating, laughing for no reason, the true gift of family. He has made me slow down, be a kid again see things thru a new pair of eyes. At times it has been tough but even the tough times are pure joy. It's made me love my parents even more than I did which I didn't think was possible. It's made me strive to be a better friend. It's made me fall in love with Alfred the father as well as the man. And speaking of Alfred even though I didn't need a present for Mother's Day I awoke to a wonderful gift that brought tears to my eyes.


My friend Sarah took these and many more wonderful pictures a few weeks ago and Alfred took those and made me this beautiful collage. I am so blessed.

Now on to a pretty big week, not only is Kingston turning 7 weeks but I'm turning 30 this week and we are taking Kingston on his first road trip, to see Alfred's parents in Macon, GA. It should be a very eventful week so I should have plenty to blog about. Until next time Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers!

No comments: